Thursday, July 10, 2008

the virgin in a strand of hair

I didn't think it was possible, but the virgin mary appeared to me today in the shower. As I was lathering up, I noticed something was on the vinyl showercurtain. I didn't pay any attention to it though. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw it again, and I realized what it was: a strand of my roommate Emily's hair, curled up to look like an image of none other than the virgin mary.

Trust me, I too felt this was weird. I kept looking at it from various angles, convinced I had made this up. Surely it was an illusion. But no, there was a distinct similarity between this strand of hair and typical images of the blessed mother that we are used to seeing.

I know what you're thinking. "Michele has gone off the deep end." "We're flying to California and getting her off that damned farm." "Perhaps 12 years of Catholic school was a bit excessive..?"

I can hear all these thoughts rattling through your minds. Think them. They won't break me.

I've got #1 in my shower. The uterus to end all uteruses.

And don't fret; there are photos. In a few, she disappeared. Guess she does that in the ones she doesn't like. (I wish I had that power.) In others, the ones without the flash, she appeared in full glory.

I haven't decided what the point of all of this is just yet. But surely it means something. While I figure it all out, my best advice to you is to watch out for stray hairs on your showercurtain. You never know where your next religious experience may come from.

No comments: